I believe that it’s a bad habit to start working the very minute you get out of bed in the morning. It’s like waking up to chaos. Yes, in a matter of minutes I understand that it’s going to be a bad hair day.
Usually, I don’t:
- Check my email
- Check my stats
- Check Twitter and Facebook
- Start writing
… before breakfast.
But, once in a while I can’t help it.
Today is one of those days.
Waking up to chaos
This is the message I got when I opened the RSS feed from my blog:
As soon as I was awake, but before I had eaten breakfast, I tried to fix the problem. Since I don’t have much experience with RSS problems or other technical stuff, I looked for an easy fix. I searched for the answer to my error, and I found a plugin for wordpress called Fix RSS Feed.
I installed it, activated it, and clicked the button that said “fix wordpress rss feed error”. It said that it had fixed it, but I’m still struggling and looking for a way to solve my frustration.
There’s usually only one method that works for me after I realize that I have been waking up to chaos.
- I spend five minutes to resolve it. If I can’t fix it.
- I’ll stop
- I’ll take a break for at least a couple of hours
- I’ll go outside, preferrably for a long walk
- I’ll create an amazing (and unbelievable) story while walking
- I’m the hero of the story
- Sometimes I’m the villain of the story
- I keep walking until I finish the story
- Only then, when the story is finished, will I continue to fix the problem
I guess this means that it’s time to start resolving the problem.