Transforming a Lone Nut into a Leader

I really like people who are unselfish. I really like people who are helping other people, without even thinking about profit or any personal gain. I like them a lot – and that’s why I adore you.

You are the reason why I hustle

I just love the support I am receiving from you, every single day. It’s the support that makes me hustle to understand business. I really don’t have a clue. I love marketing, but business, I need all the help I can get. I used to say that I don’t care about money, but now, I need to start caring.

You are the reason…

It’s the followers that makes us who we are. I have read so many books about how to become a leader, and how to get people involved and how to start building tribes. They were all helpful, but what made all the difference in the world, was when I watched a video from a presentation by the brilliant Derek Srivers.

I started smiling when I watched the shirtless guy dancing, but within twenty seconds or so, my smile was transformed into awe, and my eyes turned blurry. The video is funny, but I also learned a very important lesson.

Without you, I am nothing but a lone nut.

THANK YOU!

Comments

1. says

Twitter:
    Beautiful post Jens!

You are so right about expressing the gratitude towards people. No matter the number of books we read or talks we hear, its the daily interaction or communication, and the support we get from our readers that makes us feel we are special- isn’t it?

Wonderful video that conveys a great deal indeed, though remember that you too matter to us- just as we matter to you. :)

Have a wonderful weekend :)
    Harleena Singh invites you to read.. How Can I Be a Better Parent?My Profile

• says

Twitter:
      Hi Harleena,

Thank you so much. It’s so much fun writing when I have readers like yourself.

Things are so much easier when you get support all the way no matter what you do :)

Happy Friday, and have a wonderful weekend :)

2. says

And if you get out there in your Speedo dancing like that dude………..well, I’m sorry my friend I might just have to leave you hanging in the breeze on that one. In fact, I might even deny I know you………

That was interesting and of course the analogy of truly being a lone nut until he had is first follower. The lone nut certainly wasn’t a leader w/out him; just weird……….:).

Ok leader, just keep your clothes on and you will probably be able to keep most of us around.

Hope all is well and you have a great weekend sir.

• says

Twitter:
      Would you leave me hanging in the breeze? I didn’t think you would leave me even if I was wearing my Speedo :)

I promise I’ll keep my clothes on. And if you keep dancing with me, I’ll be the one paying for the pizza…

Have a great weekend Bill.

3. says

I got here by accident. I thought it said “how to turn a lone nut into a Reader” LOL
    Figured it was a post about me! :)

I saw this video last year and loved it, thought it was awesome!
    Oh to be so brave every time in everything in live!

4. says

Twitter:
    That was too funny Jens…

I so get his point but in this instance, I might have had to leave that guy hanging in the wind. I’m sorry, he just looked like too much of a wacko for me.

Oh hey the dancing part, I’m on it and I would be the one starting the movement but my dancing skills are so much better than his. Plus, I keep all my clothes on. Huh, maybe that wouldn’t start a movement then.

Love it Jens, loved it!
    Adrienne invites you to read.. Facebook Fan Page Tips And TricksMy Profile

5. Nicholle Olores says

What a great post as always Jens, I love the video. It is a nice feeling to help those people who are in need without any profits to be expected. You know Jens, you are truly feels better when there are a lot of people who use to recognize you and love you at the same time. So, you are lucky enough to all the good things you have now and I believe you deserve it. :)

6. says

Dancing guy is standing alone and definitely easy to follow. He also makes it easy by letting the first follower rock in a big way (even though he is a terrible dancer) and then makes it easy for everyone else to follow.

That 2nd follower is NOT a good dancer (did I already say that?), but talk about momentum! Wow. I saw something like this at a concert I attended many years ago … Spontaneous, spastic dancing :) There was also a shirtless dancing guy I witnessed at a bar one time, but this guy was wearing a speedo and hitting on all the women in the place and he was also a really bad dancer (I spot a trend), but he didn’t care and that was the cool part.

That guy was a Lone Nut, but nothing like the lone nut here with his merry band of followers.

Brilliant production. :)

Thanks for the smile, Jens!

7. says

Jens,
    Great video, and great point. Those first followers are so important, without their support and yes…leadership no movement comes to anything.

8. says

Awesome post, Jens!

Thanks to Adrienne to pointing me towards this direction :D

I didn’t think much about the first “follower” until I watched this video, the video is absolutely right, our first follower helps us to promote our posts, comment and encourage more people to get involved.

Thanks for the wonderful share, Jens

Jeevan Jacob John

• says

Twitter:
      I’m so glad Adrienne pointed you in this direction, that’s awesome :)

The video made me realize how important our first followers are. They are the reason why we become successful. And that’s why we need to embrace them and treat them right. We need to give them credit and a lot of love :)
      Jens P. Berget invites you to read.. Milk Marketing is Turning PersonalMy Profile

9. says

10. says

You are such a humble person to say all those things. You will surely be blessed more. I appreciate how other people express gratitude back to other people even if they already have attained a higher step in the society.