Building incoming links to your website is very important. I just found a great article with this issue in mind. According to this, link building can be approached a number of ways. You can, for example:
* Garner links from vendors, clients, business partners
* Garner links from other related sites
* Garner links through general directory entries, like Yahoo
* Garner links through specific directory entries, like a marketing services directory if you are a marketing consultancy
* Sponsor organizations and get acknowledgement through a link from their Web sites
* Create content and syndicate through RSS so that other sites will post the content contained within your RSS feed on their sites with a link back to your site.
Read the whole article at MarketingProfs.com