It was raining outside. I was listening to him as he was talking to a group of young students.
– Anybody that tries to please the world, winds up pleasing nobody.
His voice was crisp. He reminded me of an actor; the way he was gesticulating and watching the crowd.
– What is your motivation to succeed?
He was pointing at me. It was like I was waking up from a dream. I was far away, looking at everything from a distance. And, suddenly, I was in the middle of the spotlight.
I just couldn’t answer. And, I couldn’t hear the answer from the man a few seats to the right.
– Working hard in the beginning will help you get an option to go in a different direction later
– Are you willing to put in the effort now to get financial freedom later?
I know that the act of being successful is fun, and it should be, and the journey has to be as much fun as arriving at the destination. I was listening to myself talk.
– I never had any expectations. I never questioned the fact that I was going to be successful.
He turned to me once again. This time, he didn’t point at me. But, he was looking straight at me.
– Look at your doubts and see how you can conquer them, and remember, perceived value is what sells. Real value is what repeats.