Free Kindle Books – How To Find Them

free kindle books

I love my Kindle. I have been using it for a long time, and I’ve tested it while I was on vacation living in a tent (without any electricity), and while I was in a small village in Italy. I use it every single day. The first thing I noticed was the cheap books, and all the free Kindle books. It’s just amazing. I read a lot more now, because of how easy it is to find high quality books and free Kindle books.

Free Kindle Books – The Video

I have created a video in order to show you how easy it is to find free Kindle books on any topic.

19 Free Kindle Books

I have just finished reading The Flinch by Julien Smith (he’s the co-author of Trust Agents), and Tales of the Revolution by Seth Godin. Both books are awesome and completely free. On my quest for more awesome and free Kindle books I discovered many.

Here’s a list of 19 free Kindle books that you should find interesting:

Have you read any free Kindle books?

I’d love to get some feedback on this. Have you read any free kindle books that you recommend? Please leave a comment below.

Comments

1. Raj says

I’d love to use Kindle, but its not very popular here. I think Kindle too should be given free of cost to everyone. That way, a lot more people will buy Kindle books and they can make a good revenue from a subscription model. Someone really needs to take it up with Amazon ;)

2. says

How did you like me in Superheroes? Pretty cool, huh?

I don’t have a Kindle and tried to get one for my wife for Christmas but she didn’t want it; she’s an old school page flipper. What I do have is a Kindle app on my computer and my iPhone; I was going to try some free e-books from the library, but think I’ll try some from your list first.

Cool stuff Jens.

• says

Hey Bill,

You should buy a Kindle. I was an old school page flipper as well, but using the Kindle is so much easier. I especially like to carry it around while I’m on a holiday instead of adding 5-10 books in my suitcase. I have tried to read on my iphone, but that was too hard.

I was thinking of buying the new Kindle Fire, but then I started thinking about why. I already have an iPad, and all I want to do with the Kindle is read. The Kindle Fire is more like an iPad, and I don’t need another one.

3. says

Hey Jens,

Somebody recommended to get The Flinch, actually two different persons, so it must be good!

I already downloaded that one but I haven’t started reading it yet.

Very cool list of books and AWESOME video, I wasn’t aware I could just look out for free kindle books like that.

Guess I don’t spend that much time on Amazon haha

Thanks again and Happy Holidays! ;-)

Sergio

• says

Hey Sergio,

I really enjoyed The Flinch. It’s like a kick in the gut, and it makes you want to take action, without thinking too much about the consequenses and that’s awesome, and something I really need.

It’s not just time to read, but time to create some brilliant content :)

Happy holidays Sergio.
      Jens recently posted…Earning Money Online Can Be This EasyMy Profile

4. says

Hi Jens, Excellent video! What software did you use for the video?

This is great information. Anyone can get a Kindle app for their computer, smartphone, iPad, iPod Touch, etc. No need to own a Kindle, but I’m like you, I love my Kindle!

Thanks for sharing these with us. I really appreciate the recommendations. I downloaded a few.

My favorite free content is Delivereads, which is a compilation of interesting articles by Dave Pell. He will send the collection every so often to your Kindle for free. You can read about how it works here: http://delivereads.com/.

Thanks for sharing this, Jens! Merry Christmas to you and your family. :-)
    Carolyn recently posted…NORAD – Tracking Santa Across the Globe!My Profile

• says

Hi Carolyn,

Thanks a lot. I’m still a newbie when it comes to video, and I’m trying my best to become better and speak slowly so you can understand my weird accent :)

I am using ScreenFlow. It’s very easy to use. I have only been watching some tutorials on YouTube. That’s all.

I still haven’t tried Delivereads. I guess it’s time to sign up… thanks a lot for reminding me :)

Merry Christmas right back at you.
      Jens recently posted…Passion + Time = Money = HappinessMy Profile

5. says

Amazing Jens!

I never knew you could really find free kindle books that easily :) I have never gone beyond people sending links if and when there were any kindle books online that they put up, but this sure is wonderful information.

I guess I better get started and look around for more of such books on Kindle :) Thanks so much for sharing :)

Wishing you and yours Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year :)

• says

Hi Harleena,

I haven’t been doing much research on Amazon either, but I started a few days ago, and then I discovered all the amazing free content. I just had to share it with you.

There are thousands of brilliant books that people never read, so it’s actually a lot of fun searching for some hidden treasures :)

Merry Christmas Harleena.
      Jens recently posted…Clicky Makes Me Feel Like I Am Starting All Over AgainMy Profile

6. Ruth Sayson says

Your right about Kindle Jen, it surely am a handy gadget for person who find reading fun. I like to thank you for sharing these wonderful list of free downloadable books. I’ve choose to download a number of them since I usually travel a lot and reading is one of the things I do to kill some time.

7. says

I don’t have a Kindle Jens but I do have the app for my computer and I’m in the process of reading The Flinch at this moment.

Thanks so much for sharing this great list of freebies we can download. You are a wealth of good news this Christmas. Really appreciate it Jens..

Merry Christmas! Hope you are enjoying this time with your family and that tofu steak turned out like you were hoping! Can’t wait to hear all about it.

God Bless,

~Adrienne
    Adrienne recently posted…Merry Christmas EveryoneMy Profile

• says

Hi Adrienne,

I hope you enjoy The Flinch as much as I did. It’s great to read (and watch movies) during the holidays. I like to relax, and not take too much action, but on the other hand, I am planning all my actions in 2012 during the holidays.

Merry Christmas.
      Jens recently posted…All Teachers Are MarketersMy Profile

8. Christian Hollingsworth says

This post ROCKS! Really, thank you for the info. Excited to download more books to my Kindle DX. Already downloaded 400 of the classics! :)

9. says

Hi Jens, I hope that you had a good Christmas ;)

Great post and video, Kindle’s are red hot at the moment so your post is very timely as well.

I never realised that there were free ebooks on Amazon for Kindle. Maybe it’s time for me to get an eReader….

I do have the app on my PC but have not really used it other than testing the products i create for Kindle.

Thanks Jens, have a Happy New year mate.

Barry

10. CarolB says

Thanks for the great list of free Kindle books. I already see several I want to get that I was not aware were free. I have taken advantage of free Kindle books in the past, and often look at the Kindle Deal of the Day and Top 100 ebooks for less than $3.99 as well. Now that my son has a Kindle too (got a Fire for Christmas), I am going to have him review your video so he too can get his free books. Otherwise I will go broke! He’s even more of a book junkie than me.

• says

Hi Carol,

It took me a long time to discover the free books on Kindle, but I keep buying a lot of cheap books. And that’s probably the biggest difference between having a Kindle and not for me. I buy books all the time, and I read a lot more now than I used to, all thanks to how easy it is to buy the books, and how cheap they are :)
      Jens recently posted…Pain is Good, How Marketing Made Me Smile and BuyMy Profile

11. says

Nice list Jens. Right now I’m reading the Flinch and I was Blind but now I see (Which I paid $2, but now is free for prime users).

I’m amaze how many good free books you can find for kindle. I love my kindle too, was the best gift I received in my birthday.

12. Joe Lampo says

Hello Jens! I have been following your blog for the past few days, and I’ve downloaded your ebook on Marketing. It is a fine read, put together very well. You have presented some excellent points relative to marketing not only a product or service, but ones self to prospective customers or clients.

I am in the process of building a website, using WordPress; hope to have it ready soon. The site is hosted, but not yet published, as I am writing and tweaking it. Thanks, too, for your great post here on the free books available for the kindle. I recently bought a kindle fire, and I have quite a few books on it pertaining to WordPress, Facebook and blogging.

I happened upon your blog a week or so ago through Sergio Felix’s blog, where I noticed a recent posting of yours. So, I clicked to visit your blog, and I liked what I found.

By the way, I have interest in Norway and Norweginas because my wife is half Norwegian, and she is a distant relation of Rolf Amundsen.

Well, that’s it for now. Keep up the good work. I have you on RSS.
    Stay well.

• says

Hi Joe,

Thanks a lot for downloading and reading Marketing Made Simple. Let me know if you believe that I should edit it, and add some more details. This is just the basics, based on my own experiences. But I believe that most people can learn something from it.

I’m going to write many new ebooks during 2012, so stay tuned :)

Serigo’s blog is awesome, and I’m glad that you’ve already discovered it. You can learn a lot from him.

Cool that your wife is half Norwegian, Roald Amundsen is a very famous Norwegian, so you should be proud. I don’t have anyone in my family who are anywhere close to being famous :)

Talk to you later Joe. Happy new year.

• Joe Lampo says

Thanks, Jens, for your comments, and for the email, too. I’ve already replied to your email. Will send you some further comments on your ebook. I’m looking forward to any others you produce. You have a good handle on the merits of marketing and placing your prospective customers as the #1 priority. Stay well!

• says

Thanks a lot Joe.

I’m about to write some in Norwegian as well, but my number 1 priority in January (besides finishing my novel) is to write an ebook that I’ll publish on Amazon (for Kindle).

• says

Hi Radu,

Yes, you should buy a Kindle, that’s my advice. I was also a little reserved, because I love reading “regular” books. But now I almost exclusively read my books on Kindle. The reason is that it’s easy to read, the battery lasts for about a month, and the books are very cheap (and many are even free).

I used to order most of my books from Amazon or Barnes and Noble, and I had to pay a lot for shipping. Now, I pay the same as people in the US, and it’s usually just $3 or so for each book. That’s amazing. And I can buy the books from anywhere in the world via the free 3G. I was in a tiny Italian village in September. I had no Internet connect at all, other than via my Kindle. I bought many books while traveling. It’s just perfect if you travel a lot.

Let me know if you have any questions. By the way, I have the old version, no the Kindle Fire (and not the one with touch screen).

• Joe Lampo says

Hi, Radu. Just read your query about the Kindle. I purchased the new Kindle Fire about a month ago. It works like a charm. Although I prefer “real” books you can hold and turn pages on, the kindle is nice for its convenience in size and capacity. For some things, such as a textbook or manual for software, I prefer the real book because it is quicker to access different pages, and sometimes you need to look at more than one page simultaneously, which you cannot do on the kindle or any other ebook reader. Feel free to comment further. I’ll be happy to respond.

Best regards

• says

Thanks a lot for the help Joe. I really appreciate it.

I have been looking at the Kindle Fire online, and it looks awesome. I have an old version of the Kindle DX, and I have an iPad, so I’m not going to buy the Fire, but that’s because I already have too much stuff :)

13. says

I live in a small town in Norway, and we don’t have any stores we can contact if we have problems with a Kindle. I always contact Amazon via their website, and it seems to be working great. It’s the same with Apple, I have always just contacted them directly via phone or email.

It would be awesome to be able to contact them via a store, but since I live in a small town, I figured it would be close to impossible for them to have a store here or somewhere close :)

14. Albert Bernard says

Thanks for the sharing keep up good work. The site is hosted, but not yet published, as I am writing and tweaking it. Thanks, too, for your great post here on the free books available for the kindle.

15. Stan says

Kindle has been one of the most powerful gadgets we currently have nowadays. Nice to know that you’re giving us free kindle books that could be very useful to us in order to learn new things. What I like most with these free ebooks is cultivate a cool career. Everybody wants to have a great career where they improve their financial status at the same time.

16. Hamish says

Hello Jens,

I’ve had a Kindle for a couple of years now and I’ve certainly taken full advantage of all the free ebooks for it. Amazon has something like 1.8 million out of copyright books which you can download free of charge. Every now and again you will find publishers promoting a particular author giving more modern books away free as well.

Over and above the free books, there are plenty of low priced books by independent authors – many of which are very good.

Between the free books and the bargain indies, I reckon my Kindle has paid for itself and then some. Hope you have fun with your freebies.

• Hamish says

Sounds like you have plenty of free reading material to get through Jens! :)

And that’s just Amazon of course – there are plenty of other websites (e.g. Project Gutenberg to name just one) where you can find free books for the Kindle, and in a number of other formats as well for that matter.

Save money and expand your mind. Can’t be bad can it?

• says

That’s right, and I’m still reading the Steve Jobs biography (been reading it for a month)…

Do you have any free books for the Kindle that you highly recommend?

• Hamish says

Hi Jens,

You’re going to think I’m making this up, what with you being Norwegian – but I enjoyed “Olaf The Glorious” – based on Viking sagas and the Anglo Saxon Chronicles if I remember correctly. I don’t know which Amazon store you use, but it is available on both the US and UK sites as a free download.

If that doesn’t do the trick for you, you can usually find plenty of Jules Verne, Dickens, Homer etc. I think that there’s something for everyone pretty much.

Hope you find something you enjoy!

17. Nicholle Olores says

Sounds great Jens! I had never used Kindle even before because it is not common in our place but I got interested when I know it from you. Thanks for the free stuff that you offer I probably check them out.