I just bought an interesting e-book, and I would like to give it away for free to the subscribers of my newsletter. But when I read the licence, I wasn’t sure if I could give it away or not.
Just look at this:
PUBLICATION DATE: 8/1/07
LEGAL RIGHTS NOTICE
YOU HAVE MASTER RESELL RIGHTS TO USE THIS PRODUCT AS DETAILED BELOW.
Your Rights (in force for 1 year after publication date):
You CANNOT give it away.
You CANNOT sell it on auction sites.
You CANNOT offer as a free bonus UNLESS purchase of $27 or HIGHER is required to get it.
You CAN sell it in the following ways:
– product itself (WITHOUT resale rights) for $17 or HIGHER
– product packaged with other products for $27 or HIGHER total price
– product with MASTER RESELL RIGHTS for $27 or HIGHER
– product with PRIVATE LABEL RIGHTS for $47 or HIGHER
– included in a PAID membership site with $17 per month or HIGHER fee
– product edited completely and your name put on it for $17 or HIGHER
As you can see, it says that my rights is in force for 1 year after publication date. And the publication date is January 8th 2007, more than 1 year ago.
So, does this mean that I can give away the product?